Seeking Nominations for a Retail Food Safety Advisory Council (RFSAC) Representative
OEHA has been asked by ODH and ODA to nominate an individual to serve on the Retail Food Safety Advisory Council (RFSAC).
The current member whose term expires on 12/31/2018 is Peter Schade, M.P.H., R.S., Health Commissioner, Erie County Health Department.
The duties of RFSAC include:
- Making recommendations for the uniform food safety code;
- Examining specific food safety issues raised by the director of agriculture or director of health and making recommendations regarding those issues;
- Mediating unresolved issues among state agencies about the interpretation of rules adopted under this chapter and making recommendations regarding the issues;
- Making recommendations to the director of agriculture and director of health with respect to improving the food safety awareness of consumers and their confidence in the state’s food supply;
- Making recommendations to the director of agriculture and director of health regarding the licensing categories and inspection frequencies to be used in regulating retail food establishments and food service operations;
- Making recommendations to the director of health with respect to the program for certification of individuals in food protection and approval of courses in food protection.
If you would like to nominate someone or be nominated, please provide a current resume to the Board by 8/20/2019. Once all resumes are received, the Board will refer two people to ODH and ODA for nomination. Members who have detailed experience in Food Safety will be given preference.
Please email your resumes to email@example.com by the end of business on 8/20/2019.
If you have questions regarding this process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Garrett Guillozet, MPA, RS/REHS, AEMT